Heidi Lung, Ph.D.
Dr. Heidi Lung has led the University of Iowa’s museum studies certificate program since 2015 and chairs the Museum Studies Advisory Board. In addition to teaching and advising students in the program, she works with the Office of Community Engagement to connect students with professional learning experiences in museums throughout the state and supports Iowa’s museums through her service on the board of the Iowa Museum Association (Board President, 2018-20 and 2020-22).
Dr. Lung is passionate about empowering emerging professionals to reach their career goals and supports the disruption of traditional power structures to increase equity and diversity in the museum field. She has over twenty years working in museum education and administration at institutions such as the Saint Louis Art Museum and the St. Louis Science Center. Dr. Lung holds degrees in art history, history, museum studies, and a Ph.D. in education.
- MUSM:2850 Museums and Social Justice
- MUSM:3001 Introduction to Museum Studies
- MUSM:3004 Exhibition Planning
- MUSM:3100 Historic House Management and Preservation
- MUSM:3105 Engaging Museum Audiences
- MUSM:3120 Museum Origins
- MUSM:3125 Museums in a Digital World
- MUSM:3131 Museum Evaluation and Visitor Studies
- MUSM:4080 Museum Internship